TheYakShack Forum
November 24, 2017, 11:22:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Yak Shack - note that Yaks are immune to Swine Flu so you are perfectly safe on here...

Home   Help Login Register       Price Guide Comics  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10
  Print  
Author Topic: OOTPU scans and comments  (Read 28043 times)
kbmum
Yak Overlord
Yak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: March 14, 2008, 06:51:02 PM »

Hope I don't get you guys in trouble too.  I just sent Artbox another email letting them know that the members of the Yak Shak forum want to know what's going on with the Mad-eye Moody Autograph cards too.  I pointed out the them that we are the ones who buy their cards.  If  not for us, they'd be out of business.  They at least deserve us an explanation as to what the hold up is.

Most likely, the hold-up has everything to do with the actor and nothing to do with Artbox. Undecided  They can't force Gleeson to sign and return the cards.  The only thing the company can hold over his head is the payment the parties negotiated for signing the autos.

When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming. " I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." - G. Stoddart   http://kbmum.tripod.com & http://kbmumcards.tripod.com
sfmuggle
Bull

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 15, 2008, 12:11:38 AM »

Hikarist/Terry - I sent my redemptions in early this month and got them back today (less than 2 weeks).  However, they only sent back Sian Thomas (Bones) along with a few of my older OOTP autos.  None of my other OOTP Update redemptions made it back yet  Sad

I got my Bane and Lupin cards back about over a month ago.  The only one I'm waiting on is the Mad-eye Moody card.  You need to contact them and see if they have a record of getting your other redemption cards.  It sounds like they made a mistake in your order to me.

I just fired off an e-mail with a copy of the cards I sent in for redemption and of the ones received (along with a copy of the delivery confirmation). I'm missing Lupin and Bane redemptions  Sad  I had heard there is a delay w/ Gleeson and Hunter, but I'm pretty patient.  well I'll keep my fingers crossed.
terryweasley
Bull

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 17, 2008, 11:34:01 PM »

I got a reply today from Artbox concerning the Mad-eye Moody Autograph Cards:

We apologize for the inconvenience.

We are still waiting for the signed cards to come in.
We hope to have the cards received in 4-6 weeks, and as soon as there are
received, all redemptions will be processed immediately.

This is the same for Kathryn Hunter.

Thank you for your patience in advance.

Kindli
Calf

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 20, 2008, 12:58:16 AM »

I got some really nice variants today.  I am especially pleased with the P4 - I think it is part of the hat from the figure on the right side of the page, but it seems to be upside down?

Bitsy
Bull

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 20, 2008, 01:28:29 AM »

Those are great variants!  Grin

I think you are right about the Dark Arts Book Page--it looks like the hat from the right side of the page, only upside down. Really wonderful cards!   Cheesy
kbmum
Yak Overlord
Yak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #165 on: March 20, 2008, 02:42:44 AM »

Nice cards!  Artbox often puts swatches upside down or sideways in cards.  A good example of that is the Umbridge stationery prop.  Daily Prophet swatches can also be set in many different directions, because the type in the prop can be upside down, diagonal, circular, and more.

When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming. " I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." - G. Stoddart   http://kbmum.tripod.com & http://kbmumcards.tripod.com
sfmuggle
Bull

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 20, 2008, 06:03:30 AM »

I got a reply today from Artbox concerning the Mad-eye Moody Autograph Cards:

We apologize for the inconvenience.

We are still waiting for the signed cards to come in.
We hope to have the cards received in 4-6 weeks, and as soon as there are
received, all redemptions will be processed immediately.

This is the same for Kathryn Hunter.

Thank you for your patience in advance.

Thanks for the update.
sfmuggle
Bull

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 20, 2008, 06:04:48 AM »

Nice cards!  Artbox often puts swatches upside down or sideways in cards.  A good example of that is the Umbridge stationery prop.  Daily Prophet swatches can also be set in many different directions, because the type in the prop can be upside down, diagonal, circular, and more.

Very nice cards indeed!  I always wondered about the positioning of some of the swatches.
Kindli
Calf

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 20, 2008, 02:57:06 PM »

Thanks!   Smiley

I always prefer the swatches that show the picture the correct side up, but I always wondered if the difference in how it was placed was because these are done with machines or if it was intentional to give a variant even more of a difference than others.

kbmum
Yak Overlord
Yak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: March 20, 2008, 04:15:44 PM »

IMHO, I think it's the production people not being careful about how they're setting the swatches in the card. Roll Eyes  I have a POA Daily Prophet with the lowercase letter "p" from Prophet.  It's upside down.  I asked Artbox and was told that since the paper has text in different directions, it was acceptable that the swatch wasn't right side up.  I disagree.  The title of the paper wasn't upside down and the swatch shouldn't have been, either.

Bitsy
Bull

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 20, 2008, 09:54:15 PM »

I agree. I've always been a little frustrated with swatches that are clearly upside down. I can't imagine it's a chore to lay them in right-side-up. Maybe it's that perfectionist in me, but I know I would be meticulous about making certain the swatches are placed properly.

Still, that's a fabulous swatch.  Wink Smiley
mcgonagall
Yak

Harry Potter rules

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 21, 2008, 02:45:48 AM »

maybe we should all ask for jobs with artbox i will be there australian rep lol
Bitsy
Bull

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 22, 2008, 12:56:38 AM »

maybe we should all ask for jobs with artbox i will be there australian rep lol

Then maybe we could get discounts and first pickings on prop swatches.  Wink
mcgonagall
Yak

Harry Potter rules

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 22, 2008, 12:59:38 AM »

even better we can tell them what would make great swatches
Bitsy
Bull

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 22, 2008, 03:28:30 AM »

even better we can tell them what would make great swatches

Absolutely...can you imagine a bunch of us picky Shackers putting together a Harry Potter set? Pretty sure it would be the perfect set.  Wink Smiley
mcgonagall
Yak

Harry Potter rules

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 22, 2008, 03:51:53 AM »

you can bet ther would be some really fantastic cards
e.g.
half blood prince set
dragon scales
piece of azkaban
fabric from snapes house
to start with
LikORish-Spider
Yak

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 22, 2008, 06:16:35 AM »

I imagine that there are a lot Virtual props (computer generated?) that look great but exist only on a hard drive somewhere.
I hope that the movies that are in the pipeline follow the books a little better and that the property people are given some ideas
for some super props and costumes. No more black swatches and no more stripped pajamas....PLEASE!
kbmum
Yak Overlord
Yak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #177 on: March 22, 2008, 03:30:52 PM »

Just wait until Deathly Hallows is split into two movies.  I'll bet Artbox is going to have a very hard time getting items from the first movie, since many (if not all) will be needed for the second movie.  There's also the possibility of DH1 and DH1 Update, then DH2 and DH2 Update. Roll Eyes

allender
Bull

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: March 22, 2008, 04:24:22 PM »

For the two parts of Hallows, they'll undoubtedly do 'principal photography' for both of them together. Obviously they'll have to have a finished product for the first part earliest, but much of the delay for film two will be for editing, special effects, and reshoots of scenes. I expect that there will be plenty of prop and costume material that finished its job during the principal photography and doesn't need to be held for reshoots or 'pick-up' scenes of part two.

And don't forget that they'll need a lot of props and costumes to put into Memorable Moments 2 and World in 3-D 2. Not to mention things like Harry Potter Heritage or Harry Potter Quotable, which are going to have to show up for them to milk out four sets per year until we all get totally saturated. (But I also think they will be a bit disappointed because some of the "hard core" of Harry fans moved on to other things after Book 7 came out.)

I can't see the timing being very good for Artbox to do a DH1 update. The DVD release of DH1 is going to be too close to when they want to get the DH2 card set out. So maybe they'll try something different before then, since they probably won't do MM2 or 3D2 until all of the films are finished. I expect Literary Set 2 is already underway.
kbmum
Yak Overlord
Yak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #179 on: March 22, 2008, 05:34:58 PM »

And don't forget that they'll need a lot of props and costumes to put into Memorable Moments 2 and World in 3-D 2. Not to mention things like Harry Potter Heritage or Harry Potter Quotable, which are going to have to show up for them to milk out four sets per year until we all get totally saturated.

You don't think the HP card market isn't all ready saturated? Shocked  I think it is.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10
  Print  

Jump to: