TheYakShack Forum
November 24, 2017, 11:22:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The mind is like a parachute. It doesnít work unless itís open.

Home   Help Login Register       Price Guide Comics  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: OOTPU Double Auto Card Question?  (Read 2251 times)
kaylasweetie
Calf

View Profile
« on: January 25, 2008, 04:23:11 PM »

I've noticed there are 5 autos per case. Just wondering if the dual auto comes as a 6th or one of the 5.

Any info would be appreciated
Thanks! Smiley
kbmum
Yak Overlord
Yak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 04:40:32 PM »

I'm not sure I understand your question.  There are 15 autos in the set.  Most of the cases have five autos (some had only three or four).  The dual auto redemption could be any one of the five autos in any given case.  I'd have to go back over the box break thread, but I don't think anyone pulled six autos from one case.  If that did happen, it would not be the norm.

The dual auto is very rare.  I think Jeff's stats put the number around 45 or 50 total for the set's entire print run.

When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming. " I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." - G. Stoddart   http://kbmum.tripod.com & http://kbmumcards.tripod.com
kaylasweetie
Calf

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 04:47:38 PM »

Thanks so much, I really appreciate it!
allender
Bull

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008, 01:48:57 PM »

I've noticed there are 5 autos per case. Just wondering if the dual auto comes as a 6th or one of the 5.

Any info would be appreciated
Thanks! Smiley
kbmum is right, the dual auto isn't an "extra bonus" in some cases, beyond the 5 "lesser" autos. Except for packaging mistakes, all cases should have exactly 5 autos. Cases with the dual auto will have 4 others. Out of 31 full-case reports, none of them had 6 autos. If it happens, it's probably because two cards stuck together and are in a single pack.

The cases I've seen reported with the Dual or with one of the DEPZ death eaters also had Lupin, Tonks, Fudge, and one of either Bane or Kreacher. (One cluster had Dudley replacing Lupin. Cases that have fewer than 5 seem to be missing a Lupin.)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2008, 02:00:58 PM by allender » Logged
The Razzer
Cow

That's a nicer picture

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 04:44:32 PM »

i was lucky (or unlucky), one of my cases had 6 autos in!  but only 2 props Angry

i will post them in the breakdowns later.

and the extra one was just a fudge Sad

I will have a master set of all HP sets before i die...
I WILL.....I WILL....I MUST.....

check out my HP cards  http://s186.photobucket.com/albums/x74/the_razzer/
kaylasweetie
Calf

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 07:59:09 PM »

ohhh sorry about that! Hope the other autos were atleast decent!
allender
Bull

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2008, 02:40:08 AM »

Okay, right after I said "nobody", you showed up.  Wink  Getting a DA case-topper makes up for some of the oddities of your first case!

Judging from case clusters, your second C9 replaced a C12 (both #600) and the second Fudge displaced P2 (#435). So the "scarcities" were about even. Your second case was the most popular one (identical to my case), with 9 copies out of 33 cases with detailed reports.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: