TheYakShack Forum
November 24, 2017, 11:23:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Yak Shack - note that Yaks are immune to Swine Flu so you are perfectly safe on here...

Home   Help Login Register       Price Guide Comics  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Artbox Site Update and Internet Exclusive Crystal Cards  (Read 3198 times)
Angels
Yak

David Tennant rocks my world

View Profile
« on: February 20, 2008, 06:43:33 PM »

Not sure what made me look but Artbox have updated their card site (and about time too I hear you all cry)and it now has images of all the autos, props, costume, topper and some base cards from each set.

They also mention some internet exclusive crystal cards with info to follow. If you click on the more details button 6 cards show which are not too easy to see but some look like ones from the OOTPU set. I guess time will tell if anything comes of it. Here is the link anyway.

http://www.artboxent.com/index.php

Ebay id SOUTHALLA

Topps Angels
terryweasley
Bull

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 06:58:51 PM »

Three of the crystal cards are from the OOPU set, but three are new.  I wounder if they're going to sell them as a set or individually.  It will also be interesting to see if they are tinted or crystal clear.

kbmum
Yak Overlord
Yak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 08:44:43 PM »

There was supposed to be a crystal card set (three cards, I believe) for sale at last July's SDCC, but Artbox didn't receive permission from Warner Bros. in time to sell it there.

When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming. " I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." - G. Stoddart   http://kbmum.tripod.com & http://kbmumcards.tripod.com
allender
Bull

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 09:12:31 AM »

I heard from a very good source that Artbox planned to offer crystal-clear slabs in a website-only offer. (This was back when I believed my own case-topper was clear, before I concluded from looking through it edge-on, that there was 'purple' there, but quite faint .)

Because the link says "Card" and the pictured box is single-sized, I predict they will be sold individually.

I still have difficulty calling these "cards", but I haven't thought of any other word that radiates kewlness. "Etched slab" just doesn't do them justice. Wink
Bryanjs14
Bull

Something wicked this way comes

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2008, 03:38:13 PM »

Well well...

I do not want to start any kind of rumors, and I am not even sure if this is 100% accurate but after Mike Simon left the company, I heard that Kay took over (anyone who has sent cards to Artbox or been to Comic Con knows Kay).

She has always been more CUSTOMER friendly than Mike, even at Comic Con I always go to her when I have a problem, when I want to purchase a grab bag or anything.

Like I said, I am not 100% if that is true that she took over, but if it is, it is nice to already see something like this come out of it. I always give her a hard time about the web site at Comic Con (joking of course) so to see it updated with every single insert is pretty darn cool....Maybe this is just the begining of a new Customer friendly Artbox...maybe we'll start getting Info BEFORE our orders are due Smiley
Nienna
Yak

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2008, 11:35:28 PM »

Well, this is the latest info directly from Kay herself (her wording not mine btw) ...

"The crystal cards on the website is a different set

(the cards on the website is clear, not colored) from the

case toppers included in the production for HP5 Update.

Just wanted to make that clear, and the availability on the

website will be for another couple weeks."

So basically ... Watch This Space ...  Wink
mcgonagall
Yak

Harry Potter rules

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2008, 12:22:33 AM »

Just have had it confirmed the internet exclusive is USA only .  ROFL! ROFL! ROFL!

« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 01:14:18 AM by mcgonagall » Logged
blackcat20
Yak

I'm a llama! Why am I a llama?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2008, 01:26:36 AM »

That'd be right...  Roll Eyes dont they know that www stands for WORLD WIDE web? Tongue

I think we've all arrived at a very special place. Spiritually, acumenically, grammatically.

mcgonagall
Yak

Harry Potter rules

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2008, 01:30:59 AM »

come on blackcat when has any company in the USA made it easy for people in Australia lol lol lol
kbmum
Yak Overlord
Yak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2008, 02:33:56 AM »

It's nice to see that with the OOTPU cards, some of the autos are actually marked "rare."

When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming. " I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." - G. Stoddart   http://kbmum.tripod.com & http://kbmumcards.tripod.com
rns91294
Yak

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2008, 05:19:41 PM »

It is nice to see the site updated. I also like to see "rare" and "ultra-rare" listed for some of the cards.
allender
Bull

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2008, 01:06:18 PM »

It looks like they might be using an upper cut-off of 250 cards signed for their definition of "Rare". The reported numbers have a slight overlap with the "Almost Rare" batch of Piper, Melling, and Thewlis: Everything falls in order except that Piper seems to be a little bit under-observed.

For the five cards called "Rare", the average projections are 230. For the three "Almost Rare", the average is 280. Felton, Gleeson, and Hunter seemed to be in a grouping of their own. But any difference in predictions of less than about 15 isn't statistically significant.

If they started giving a full list of the promo sets and added some descriptions, that would leave me less work.  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: