TheYakShack Forum
November 24, 2017, 11:22:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind" -M.K. Gandhi

Home   Help Login Register       Price Guide Comics  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Auto Questions  (Read 1661 times)
Gallifrey
Calf

View Profile
« on: March 30, 2008, 04:52:40 AM »

After browsing around, it occurred to me the card sets did not start coming out when the first film was released.  It looks like Azkaban was the first set, and GoF and OOTP timed (somewhat) with their film's release and Stone and CoS were jammed in between the current film releases, is that correct?

I was wondering why Daniel, Emma and Rupert didn't sign autos for Stone and CoS, was their ever an explanation for that?  When the film series is complete has Artbox hinted sets will come out with autos of those three to represent the first two films?

Also, am I right in thinking that PoA and PoAU were the first time the first auto cards for them to sign?

While I'm rambling, any speculation how many auto cards they will eventually do for Harry Potter?  I'm guessing they will each do an auto for HBP and at least auto for the seventh book, maybe even two to go with the two movies.

I've been thinking about getting an auto card for Daniel, Emma and Rupert, but knowing that I am a completist have a feeling that I would end up cha$ing down a lot of card$ by the time all the sets come out.

I was looking at William Shatner and he has signed a lot of Trek sets, it must be hard for someone who wants to buy each of his cards, and I was thinking this might be in store for Harry Potter complesionists...

How many of the cards do you have of each one, and do you want/plan to get more?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 07:33:22 AM by Gallifrey » Logged
Bitsy
Bull

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008, 08:42:14 AM »

Yes, you are correct. POA was the first set Artbox released--Emma Watson was the first of the trio to sign for the series. POAU featured the triple auto card of Emma, Dan, and Rupert, as well as single autos of the trio.

This is just a guess, but I think that the trio probably chose not to sign retrospectively and only focus on sets that are released present day, that is with the release of each new film. To my knowledge, there has been no indication that there will be signatures from the trio representing SS and COS. But then with filler sets, who knows--the 3D set released just before OOTP had a Dan auto from GOF, so anything is possible.

In looking at each release the trio has signed for, I noticed that they seem to trade off who signs when, with some exceptions. It looks like Artbox tries to get at least one of them for each set:

Emma signed for: POA, POAU (2x--single/triple), MM, OOTP
Dan signed for: POAU(2x--single/triple), GOFU, 3D, OOTP, OOTPU (dual auto with Katie)
Rupert signed for: POAU(2x--single/triple), GOF, OOTP

Imagine having 4 sets from DH!!!!!!! DH1, DHU1, DH2, DHU2!!!!!!!!  Shocked  My poor, poor, wallet.   Roll Eyes Add to that any additional MM sets...there is a LOT of ground for Artbox to cover with the Harry Potter series for years to come.

allender
Bull

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 09:58:50 PM »

And the reason why POA was the "first" in the sequence is that Artbox didn't have the Potter-card license before. Wizards of the Coast held the license, and they tried an unimaginative set for Sorcerer's Stone and didn't bother for Chamber of Secrets. Artbox earned the license in time to hired Gary Gerani to design and produce a true 'major league' set for Azkaban for when the film came out, and followed with timely sets for the later movies. They also did a FilmCardz set for POA, but the regular cards proved to be very successful. And the license covered the whole sequence, so they filled in some of the time between movies by returning for TSS and COS and producing Memorable Moments, Literary Set, and 3-D.

I don't know if it's partly the actors' idea, but autographs for the Big Three are purposely kept limited so that they will be the top pulls. Except for Daniel and Rupert in OOP, numbers have been limited to 50-75 signed for each release. I just scored my very first Artbox autograph by one of the trio, a Grint from POA Update, in an auction win. I wouldn't be surprised to see the pattern continue, with "Very Rare" signings by Dan, Emma, and Rupert as part of the mix in future sets: at least one of them for some secondary sets. Though even that might change if somebody succeeds in getting Alan Rickman to autograph for HBP. (That would cause enough buzz in itself so that the kids could rest their writing wrists.  Wink)
Gallifrey
Calf

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 02:27:37 AM »

Thanks for the replies!  Congrats on the Rupert auto, very exciting!  Smiley

That would be very cool if Alan Rickman signed!  The sixth movie seems like the ideal time for his card to come out, I hope he decides to sign.  Cheesy

Have their been forgeries of the auto trading cards, espicially Daniels, Emma's and Rupert's?  I was just wondering if buying them off eBay is safe, I've been reading about possible forgeries of other autos and was wondering if it has been an issue with the Potter autos.
kbmum
Yak Overlord
Yak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 02:58:12 AM »

There haven't been any reports of forged Artbox autos.  If you decided to buy the rare autos eBay, you might be best of with a well-known seller.

When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming. " I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." - G. Stoddart   http://kbmum.tripod.com & http://kbmumcards.tripod.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: