TheYakShack Forum
November 24, 2017, 11:25:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Yak Shack - note that Yaks are immune to Swine Flu so you are perfectly safe on here...

Home   Help Login Register       Price Guide Comics  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: HP3D 2nd Edition scans and comments  (Read 20918 times)
kbmum
Yak Overlord
Yak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: July 31, 2008, 07:02:44 PM »

Big league?  Ha!  For those who know baseball, my collection is Double A at best. Wink  It would be easier and faster to list the cards I have instead of the ones I still need, but that doesn't ruin my enjoyment of my collection.  Just yesterday, my eight-year-old daughter and I sprawled out on my bed and had fun leafing through some of the albums, oohing and ahhing over the cards. Cheesy  She does love those Hermione costume cards! Smiley

When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming. " I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." - G. Stoddart   http://kbmum.tripod.com & http://kbmumcards.tripod.com
sue
Cow

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 31, 2008, 11:18:19 PM »

Just yesterday, my eight-year-old daughter and I sprawled out on my bed and had fun leafing through some of the albums, oohing and ahhing over the cards. Cheesy  She does love those Hermione costume cards! Smiley

Ah thats sounds so nice  Smiley
sue, x

sfmuggle
Bull

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 31, 2008, 11:37:05 PM »

Well hows everyone going with their sets?
i cant believe how easy its been to get the complete set, i only need one more card now, its been a breeze, but thats good!!   Smiley
I'm cheap and patient, so I have gaps in every set that are looking for bargain opportunities! For some, I'm never going to be willing to pay (for a single card) what might seem to be a _relative_ bargain. I tend to find a card or two at my price points every month or two. No card will ever be worth paying $500 just to find its way into my collection, and sometimes I keep waiting for an interesting variant instead of a plain prop or costume that might sell cheaper. And after all, you don't need the physical cards if you have all of the checklists.

Maybe I'll arrange a Grand Tour holiday and visit people who own one of every card I don't have. I'll start out on it right after the Pear Tree Leaves Owners Society convention.

- World in 3-D 2 - missing big three autos and Ci4
- World in 3-D 1 - Daniel auto
- OOTP Update - dual auto, yellow Harry crystal
- OOTP - Emma and Rupert autos, C3 Ci1 Ci3
- Memorable Moments - Emma and Maggie autos, PC1
- Chamber of Secrets - C10 P4 P6 P9 Ci4
- GOF Update - Quad and Daniel autos, P9 P11 Ci4(all 4)
- Goblet - Rupert auto, C8 P2 P3 P8 P10 P14a
- Sorcerer's Stone - Snare Shopping Privet Coin(all 3) Ticket
- TPOA - Emma, Ron Black 100, Pepper Frog Exploding PearTree Spiders
- POA Update - Daniel Emma Triple

For all I know, it might still be one of the top 20 Potter-card collections. Or perhaps just one of the top 20 among people who aren't infinitely wealthy. People think I'm crazy enough as it is.

wow Jeff!  that's really impressive collection.  You aren't missing many to complete everything.  Maybe you can post pics one day like on Photobucket or something.  Very nice  Wink
Tower
Yak

I love Progressive Rock!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: August 12, 2008, 03:29:50 PM »

For all I know, it might still be one of the top 20 Potter-card collections.

Hi Jeff, what do you think how many people are already owning complete Potter collections including really every card (Trophy Plate, Promos and so on)?  Roll Eyes

My card-collection: http://cards.sg05.de
allender
Bull

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: August 13, 2008, 12:18:52 PM »

Hi Jeff, what do you think how many people are already owning complete Potter collections including really every card (Trophy Plate, Promos and so on)?  Roll Eyes
If you include a complete set of the SDCC OOTP printing plates, I would confidently say none.  Roll Eyes

I would guess that there aren't too many extreme fanatics who have had both the opportunity and the cash to get them all, including all four wands from GOFU. Maybe five or less, and those people haven't been advertising the fact. None would also have the redemption cards. Possibly ten who are only two or three away from it.  Let's see, Pear Tree Leaves (30), three TSS coins (40 each), four GOFU wands (28 each), MM SDCC trophy plates (31), and loads of (50)s.

That's all extreme speculation. Maybe there's a MuggleNet discussion. I assume there _are_ some complete collections just because I have seen enough auctions where final price is not a problem for one or more of the bidders!

I wonder whether the collecting would be quite as much fun any more if you had all of the holy grails.
Tower
Yak

I love Progressive Rock!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: August 13, 2008, 07:38:48 PM »

Yes, that's true, chasing the variants is a nice challenge.  Cool

My card-collection: http://cards.sg05.de
terryweasley
Bull

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 14, 2008, 06:25:30 AM »

definitely

sue
Cow

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 14, 2008, 09:57:13 AM »

If you include a complete set of the SDCC OOTP printing plates, I would confidently say none.  Roll Eyes

I would guess that there aren't too many extreme fanatics who have had both the opportunity and the cash to get them all, including all four wands from GOFU. Maybe five or less, and those people haven't been advertising the fact. None would also have the redemption cards. Possibly ten who are only two or three away from it.  Let's see, Pear Tree Leaves (30), three TSS coins (40 each), four GOFU wands (28 each), MM SDCC trophy plates (31), and loads of (50)s.

That's all extreme speculation. Maybe there's a MuggleNet discussion. I assume there _are_ some complete collections just because I have seen enough auctions where final price is not a problem for one or more of the bidders!

I wonder whether the collecting would be quite as much fun any more if you had all of the holy grails.

Interesting,
what i tend to think of is how many collectors of harry cards rae there when you have as an example only 40 cards and 4 years later you can still find one!!  Undecided . Maybe people just don`t hold onto them for long  Huh

kbmum
Yak Overlord
Yak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: December 06, 2009, 03:52:31 AM »

I was so thrilled today when I went to the mailbox and found this waiting for me:

I never, ever thought I'd be able to get this card and it's the only 25-case card I have in my collection.  Thanks go out to a friend who found an amazing deal for this and BINned it for me! Cheesy

When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming. " I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." - G. Stoddart   http://kbmum.tripod.com & http://kbmumcards.tripod.com
ladeeda
Calf

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 01, 2011, 07:03:33 AM »

My box finally came in today. I got a dean thomas redemption and a quaffle prop card. Somehow the quaffle on my card looks as if part of it dropped/broke. But I couldn't find a piece of the quaffle in the pack.

Anyone has any idea if this counts as a variant? Or did part of it really drop off? Thanks.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 12:46:19 PM by kbmum » Logged
kbmum
Yak Overlord
Yak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: February 01, 2011, 12:44:59 PM »

It isn't a variant.  As I recall, there were other swatches with irregular cuts.  I imagine it's a bit difficult to cut a ball, as opposed to a flat costume or prop.  If a piece did break off, it would have happened during production and not in your box.

ladeeda
Calf

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 01, 2011, 01:50:46 PM »

I didn't think of that. Thanks for clarifying!  Smiley
rns91294
Yak

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 03, 2011, 01:22:45 PM »

Yeah, there were definitely other cuts like this. In fact, mine might be, but I can't recall and am not near my cards right now. This is perfectly fine. Congrats on the nice card! Is the redemption still good??
ladeeda
Calf

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 09, 2011, 12:34:40 PM »

Thanks.  Grin
I have no idea. I'll have to email artbox about it. Just to confirm, does artbox ship redemption cards internationally?
rns91294
Yak

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 09, 2011, 01:25:43 PM »

Do you mean if you send them a redemption card, will they ship the actual card to you? Yes, they do.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to: