TheYakShack Forum
November 24, 2017, 11:23:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The mind is like a parachute. It doesnít work unless itís open.

Home   Help Login Register       Price Guide Comics  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: LATEST on Kathryn Hunter and Brendan Gleeson auto`s  (Read 15754 times)
sfmuggle
Bull

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2009, 08:45:42 PM »

I sent in one Hunter redemption by itself (with some other redemption cards) and three more Hunters a few weeks later.  I'm guessing that's how they're sending them back out (based on how they received them).
rns91294
Yak

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2009, 08:54:41 PM »

Wow, that was a lot for those redemptions in those auctions. Did the Moody card ever come in?
kbmum
Yak Overlord
Yak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2009, 09:21:41 PM »

The Moody auto isn't in yet.

When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming. " I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." - G. Stoddart   http://kbmum.tripod.com & http://kbmumcards.tripod.com
sfmuggle
Bull

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2009, 09:43:09 PM »

yay! got the other three Hunter autos today.  Well now it's just down to Gleeson.
rns91294
Yak

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2009, 11:13:21 PM »

I am shocked they haven't got his auto back yet!!!!

Glad to know the rest of your autos came in Smiley
ukpatriotsfan
Cow

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2009, 07:40:23 PM »

Just received my Kathryn Hunter/Mrs. Figg auto also! Smiley (14 April)
Still no sign of the Brenden Gleeson card as of yet! Praying
Did anyone get 3 Harry Potter MM2 cards along with the Kathryn Hunter auto?My 3 cards was
P1 Sorcerer`s Stone Golden Snitch
P2 Chamber of Secrets Harry Duel
P3 Prisoner of Azkaban Harry with Book of Monsters

Baa to all sheep fans!  Shocked
Pengvin
Calf

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2009, 09:26:11 PM »

Well, I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but nobody's gotten Gleeson autos yet, right?  I'm cleaning up my apartment today and came across my post office receipt for the OotPU redemption cards I sent in (dated 9/8/2008).  I guess I'll keep holding on to the paperwork (I have photocopies of the redemption cards in a drawer somewhere as well).  Anybody checked in with Artbox lately on this?
Fizzingwizbee63
Cow

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2009, 09:32:55 PM »

Artbox & Warner Bros are supposed to be working on it.

This is the information I received from Artbox Customer service, a couple of weeks ago.
terryweasley
Bull

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2009, 05:21:25 AM »

Something tells me my heirs will be getting that card.  Better include the information in my will.  All I know they can do is sue Brennan Gleason for breach of contract.  Wouldn't they have him sign a contract?

Roz
Second In Command
Supreme Almighty Yak God
Yak

2nd in command? PAH! I shall lead the revolution!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2009, 11:08:00 AM »

Something tells me my heirs will be getting that card.  Better include the information in my will.  All I know they can do is sue Brennan Gleason for breach of contract.  Wouldn't they have him sign a contract?

True, but would you as a budding young actress volunteer to sign cards for a known and openly litigious company afterwards? Reputation is everything.

Why's all the tea always gone?
LikORish-Spider
Yak

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2009, 08:40:46 PM »

All I know they can do is sue Brennan Gleason for breach of contract.  Wouldn't they have him sign a contract?

True, but would you as a budding young actress volunteer to sign cards for a known and openly litigious company afterwards? Reputation is everything.

"Reputation is everything." Yes, but whose is more valuable, the contract maker or the contract breaker? Companies come and go but personal honor, or lack of, is forever. Methinks I have waxed too philosophical.
Fizzingwizbee63
Cow

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2009, 12:10:45 AM »

If anyone is interested, I read on the LeakyCauldon web site that Brendan Gleeson has completed his filming for Deathly Hallows.

Now will he sign the Redemption cards from Order of the Phoenix???  Praying  Hopping Mad

He also won an Emmy Award last night as "Best Actor in a Mini-series" for his role as Winston Churchill in the HBO special "Into the Storm."
kbmum
Yak Overlord
Yak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2009, 12:28:20 AM »

At this point, I think the OOTP Gleeson auto is a lost cause. Undecided  IMHO, of course.  I don't understand why he signed for GOF, but reneged for OOTP.

When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming. " I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." - G. Stoddart   http://kbmum.tripod.com & http://kbmumcards.tripod.com
The Razzer
Cow

That's a nicer picture

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2009, 07:43:07 AM »

they (artbox) should send back the redemption cards then, cos at the moment we have no auto or redemption.

i think the collectors should have something

I will have a master set of all HP sets before i die...
I WILL.....I WILL....I MUST.....

check out my HP cards  http://s186.photobucket.com/albums/x74/the_razzer/
ukpatriotsfan
Cow

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2009, 09:00:43 PM »

I sent an email to Artbox a few weeks ago asking them if they would return my redemption card if they could not obtain his autograph!I also have a change of delivery address which they stated they would update their records and seemed to be optimistic they would still get the cards in! Huh I`ve had enough and should take the guy to court! Hopping Mad
Fizzingwizbee63
Cow

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2009, 11:36:20 PM »

Last time I spoke to Kay, she said that if Artbox could not obtain the Brendan Gleeson Signatures, they would be compensating those redemptions with something else.
Has anyone heard the same, or anything regarding those redemptions?
kbmum
Yak Overlord
Yak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2009, 01:46:02 AM »

Artbox has been saying for a while that they will substitute a comparable card if they don't receive the Gleeson autos.  That hasn't changed, but really, it's been more than two years since the set was released.  It's time for Artbox to pony up and send out replacements.

Fizzingwizbee63
Cow

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2010, 03:14:35 AM »

I sent Kay an email today about the Gleeson Auto.

I think everyone on the Shack should do the same.

Haven't we have waited long enough??  Artbox should send a repalcement asap!!

kbmum
Yak Overlord
Yak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2010, 01:29:27 PM »

There are people on another trading card forum who have been doing this on a fairly regular basis.  They get the same response every time -- Artbox is working with WB and Gleeson, and they hope to have the autos soon. Roll Eyes  After more than two years, the promise rings hollow.

According to Jeff's stats, the Gleeson autos number around 235.  We don't know how many redemption cards Artbox inserted in boxes, but it has to be less.  Compare that number to the number of people who collect HP cards.  Artbox might not feel there are many repercussions for not dealing with the problem in a timely manner, because this missing auto affects less than 235 individual collectors.

On one hand, I'd be wary about screaming for a replacement.  Strictly Ink had the same problem with a Gary Sinise auto for the the CSI New York set (which is odd, since Sinise later signed for a Donruss set).  The company issued a replacement -- two cards with fake, gold foil signatures.  Considering the cost of the Sinise redemptions on eBay, this was a very poor substitute.  On the other hand, Artbox isn't going to do anything other than what it all ready is unless a lot of people complain.

rns91294
Yak

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2010, 01:36:34 PM »

I am so glad I didn't get one of these and have to go through all of this with you. I do feel terrible for those of you that have to deal with it and agree 100% that Artbox needs to send a nice replacement and soon.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: