TheYakShack Forum
April 28, 2017, 05:17:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

Home   Help Login Register       Price Guide Comics  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FOTR - the first set of cards (not mine! I never got them all!)  (Read 3110 times)
Roz
Second In Command
Supreme Almighty Yak God
Yak

2nd in command? PAH! I shall lead the revolution!!

View Profile WWW
« on: June 10, 2012, 03:21:57 PM »

Hi all

I am in no way endorsing this seller, but there is a seller on eBay at the moment with a full set of LOTR, FOTR autos... it's here

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200774002835+

I have to pause a moment as these were the very first trading cards I ever owned, well, first auto ones - the very first auto I ever saw was an Ian McKellen auto sent to us as both a gift by someone amazing and lovely who had pulled it from a pack. Of course we still have that and we have quite a few of the FOTR autos, but I never managed to get the Legolas, or Elrond... or a few more of the others...

I think we're all about to fall head first in love with Tolkien and LOTR and Hobbits again (let's not start on Elves just now!) and it's a nice time to pause and think back. Was this anyone else's first foray into trading cards? Did you ever get the set?

Are you looking forward to the Hobbit?

Why's all the tea always gone?
Bogleg
Yak

'Bye Artbox. You're going to be missed xxx

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 08:28:40 PM »

I remember when the Merry auto went for $3000+ on it's own. This looks to be great value if you are looking at filling holes and selling the rest.

If Artbox could give birth, it would be a redemption with the real one arriving 9 months later!
ECL
Bull

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 11:59:06 PM »

The FotR set was actually the trading card set that got me back into collecting cards, after having stopped for years after middle school. I had no idea there were such inserts as autocards, and the first one I saw was the Aragorn auto from this set that I got from my brother for christmas. It pretty much got me hooked on cards again, and once I found out about the harry potter cards, I was completely hooked!

I still think the FotR autograph cards are among the most pretty looking cards I've seen.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 12:00:32 AM by ECL » Logged
LikORish-Spider
Yak

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 05:43:32 PM »

I can see a lot of LOTR movie revivals on TV just before the Hobbit movie hits the big screen.
It may shake a few more cards loose on eBay.
If they make Hobbit cards the LOTR card craze may rise again.
kbmum
Yak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2012, 02:18:26 AM »

Are there rumors of a Hobbit set?  I haven't heard anything yet, but then again, the movie won't be released until December.

When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming. " I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." - G. Stoddart   http://kbmum.tripod.com & http://kbmumcards.tripod.com
Roz
Second In Command
Supreme Almighty Yak God
Yak

2nd in command? PAH! I shall lead the revolution!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2012, 10:21:20 AM »

Oh definitely!

You may not believe this but I haven't bought the Blu Ray LOTR Extended Edition yet (this may have something to do with them not slashing the price yet (cheapskate!!!) and also the fact that they shouldn't really have done 2 separate Blu Ray sets in my opinion as they are just taking the mickey out of us LOTR Fans!

They'll probably reduce the set when the Hobbit hits the screen though so I'll have to get it then! Ahh! Can't wait!

I haven't heard anything about a card set yet, but I'm also very afraid that I'd have to buy it!!! There's time yet!

You know that Merry card was over $3k! Amazing! But I believe that he managed to lose most of the cards and only signed a very few... LOL!

Why's all the tea always gone?
ECL
Bull

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2012, 04:46:04 AM »

Pretty good deal for a fotr merry at 355$

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Topps-LORD-OF-THE-RINGS-Fellowship-of-the-Ring-AUTO-DOMINIC-MONAGHAN-as-MERRY-/360474657727?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53edf6c3bf#ht_1454wt_1174
LikORish-Spider
Yak

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2012, 03:48:06 PM »

I was lucky enough to get mine for $500.00 a couple of years ago.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: